Pastor thoughts Failure and Victory April 26 2010

PASTOR'S THOUGHTS     APRIL 26, 2010

FAILURE  AND VICTORY
As long as we live in this world, we will face both failure and victory.  We, as Christians, do not like to talk about failure and we are a little reluctant to mention our victories, but both of them are realities in life. Along with many other things, the Bible is a huge 'human interest story book.'  Let your mind go back to some of the most colorful people listed in God's Word. I am sure you will remember Moses who killed a man, but also led God's people in victory out of slavery!  David was a 'man after God's own heart' but also failed terribly when he committed adultery and suffered much because of his failure.  Then there were others like Adam, Jacob, Sarah, Noah, all of whom had both failure and victory in their lives.  Oh yes, what about Peter?!  Peter was commended by Jesus for his bold statement of faith, "You are the Christ the Son of the Living God" but also had great failure when he said, "I don't know the Man (Jesus)"  not once but three times!!  Each one of these people had failed, but each one also knew the great victory of overcoming their failure.  They knew that through repentance and asking God to forgive them, they could go on in life to realize many wonderful victories. God says that His way to victory over failure is 'to repent and believe'!  

Take a look at Peter's life. He denied His Lord, but Jesus forgave him and he went on to lead many to Christ.  He preached and healed and even wrote several books of the New Testament.  When we think of Peter, we have hope that "our sins that so easily beset us" can be put behind us through God's forgiveness and strength. Then we should walk forward in a life of victory that displays God's grace to all around us.

When you do wrong things and know that it is sin, come quickly to repent and ask God to restore you.  Remember what the prophet Micah said, "But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation.  My God will hear me!  Do not rejoice over me my enemy (Satan).  Though I fall....I will rise! Though I dwell in darkness....the Lord is a Light for me!"  Micah 7:7-8.  God brings us back to victory even as He did Peter. 

Know His Victory and walk in Holy Spirit and in hope!!

Pastor Jack

No comments: